Termites, sometimes called “White Ants,” have been in existence since the time of the dinosaurs and are found in large numbers in the Northeast, including in New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. In the wild, they live in colonies of several hundred to several million, with the queens laying up to 2,000 eggs per day. Factor in the fact that termites are non-stop eaters, and you begin to see how these relatively tiny insects manage to cause such impressive amounts of destruction.
Inspecting For Termites
There are four common varieties infesting homes in North America, all causing their own varying degrees of damage.
- Dampwood termites need environments with lots of moisture. In your home, these are often areas with rotting wood or anywhere with leaks, drips, or general dampness.
- Drywood termites, by contrast, thrive in dry conditions and, in homes, are known to eat through wallpaper, plastic, and plant-based fabrics.
- Formosan termites, while a vital part of the ecosystem, cause damage to homes by eating through wood and fabric. Look for their mud nests underground, on boats, and within your very walls.
- Subterranean Termites do need contact with the soil to survive. They build their nests either underground or on top of wet ground.
Regardless of the species, however, termites consume a home from the inside out, with the damage frequently not evident until the structure is already ruined.
Termite Control & Extermination Services
Eliminate ’Em termite control provides you with fast, professional, courteous service and licensed technicians to handle all extermination tasks.
What can we provide?
For Termite Control:
- Before you find thousands of dollars in damage, contact us for termite control. Our assessment goes over all areas of the home, from the basement to crawl spaces, with our team searching for signs of wood debris and potential entry points.
- We then provide recommendations for preventing or addressing early signs of termite damage.
These insects cause $5 billion of damage to homes per year. This figure doesn’t take into account that insurance plans don’t cover such repairs, or that homeowners may have difficulty in the future selling their properties.
Often, a homeowner discovers termite damage when it’s too late. Extermination, at this point, is a must. Count on Eliminate ’Em to:
- Exterminate and control through bait, liquid, and tent systems.
- Full, effective extermination removes the existing problem and protects the home for the future.
- Assist residential and commercial properties.
- Utilize the latest technology to get the job done.
Eliminate ’Em offers same-day termite control services and free estimates in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Professional technicians are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assess, remove, and protect against termite damage to your home.